Daily English Quiz On Error Spotting or Sentence Correction for Bank Exams, IBPS ,SBI, RBI Exam. Error Based Questions are commonly asked in all the Govt Job related Competitive Exam. Here we are sharing Spotting Errors in English Quiz for Competitive Examinations.
English Language is one of the Important Part of Bank Exam, With Increasing Level of Grammatical Questions in Bank Exam, It is Important to Practice Daily English Quiz On Error Spotting in Sentence for IBPS ,SBI, RBI Exam. These Days English Language in Bank Exam Contains Various Types of New Pattern Questions and Old Pattern Questions based on Grammar.
Spotting Errors in English Sentences exercises answers is very important for SBI PO and IBPS PO Clerk. You may see 5 – 10 Questions on English error correction exercises answers in IBPS Clerk Examinations under English Section and in different competitive exams. However, most candidates don’t feel all that confident while attempting these questions. The reason behind it is clearly a major lack of understanding of English grammar. So try to Practice this Spotting Errors in Spotting Errors in English sentences for IBPS Clerk.
Read the sentence to find out whether there is any error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part is the answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5). Ignore errors of punctuation, if any.
1. The poetries of P.B. Shelley (A)/ who is regarded (B)/ as one of the greatest romantic poets in English literature (C)/ are really very charming (D). No error (E)
2. The way (A)/ the people have suffered (B)/ from the atrocities of the foreign invaders (C)/ can hardly be described (D). No error (E)
3. The teacher said to the boys (A)/ that (B)/ one ought to work hard (C)/ to earn his living (D). No error (E)
4. When (A)/ I offered him to help (B)/ which he needed, he persisted (C)/ in refusing it, so I left him to his fate (D). No error (E)
5. I have lost (A)/ a pen which(B) / I bought (C)/ yesterday (D). No error (E)
6. He said, (A)/ and everybody agreed with him, (B)/ that beast (C)/ in man is responsible for great cruelties (D). No error (E)
7. ‘Paradise Lost’ is (A)/ one of those world’s epics (B)/ which have carved out immortal (C)/ niches in the literary history of the world (D). No error (E)
8. He saw many deers (A)/ running along (B)/ the river bank; one of them really captivated (C)/ his heart with its beautiful form (D). No error (E)
9. The man and his horse (A)/ which you saw (B)/ on the road yesterday (C)/ are dead (D). No error (E)
10. Neither of these five boys (A)/ present in the (B)/ restaurant was (C)/ involved in the conspiracy (D). No error (E)
English Spotting Errors Quiz For Bank Exams Explanation :-
1. (A) Change ‘poetries’ to ‘poems’.
2. (B) Insert ‘in which’ before ‘the people’. The antecedent must normally be accompanied by its relative pronoun.
3. (D) Change ‘his’ to ‘one’. The possessive of ‘one’, is ‘one’s’ as the possessive of ‘he’ is ‘his’.
4. (B) Delete ‘to’ before ‘help’. The word ‘help’ here has been used as a noun and not as a verb or infinitive.
5. (B) Substitute ‘a’ by definite article ‘the’. ‘Pen’ here has been particularized. Hence, it must be preceded by definite article ‘the’.
6. (C) Put ‘the’ before ‘beast’. Definite article ‘the’ is used before a common noun to give it the meaning of an abstract noun.
7. (A) Put ‘the’ before ‘Paradise Lost’. Names of great books are preceded by definite article ‘the’.
8. (A) Change ‘deers’ to ‘deer’. ‘Deer’ remains the same both in singular and plural.
9. (B) Change ‘which’ to ‘that’. Relative pronoun referring to man and animal together is ‘that’ instead of ‘which’.
10. (A) Change ‘Neither’ to ‘none’. ‘Neither’ is used in reference to two; in reference to more than two ‘none’ is used.
Attempt Other Error Spotting Quiz for Bank Exams
English Quiz On Error Spotting in Sentence for Bank Exams Set – 1 – Attempt Here
English Quiz On Error Spotting in Sentence for Bank Exams Set – 2 – Attempt Here
English Quiz On Error Spotting in Sentence for Bank Exams Set – 4 – Attempt Here
English Quiz On Error Spotting in Sentence for Bank Exams Set – 5 – Attempt Here
How to Join bank4success Telegram Group for Discussion
Step – 2. Login with Your Mobile Number.
Step – 3. Search @ibpsexamaspirants In the Search Box to Join Group.
Step – 4. You Can Directly Click Here to Join Group.
Step – 5 You can Discuss Your Doubts directly with Brajesh Sir.